As we end our church year and begin a new church year at the First Sunday of Advent, let me be the first to wish you a “Happy New Year”. One of our secular traditions is to make a New Year’s Resolution on new year’s eve. Perhaps we should make a spiritual Resolution for our church new year.
Let me offer a few suggestions :
1. Begin our prayers each day with praise and thanksgiving. No matter what you are dealing with, God is good !
2. Pray using the scriptures, especially the Psalms, on a regular basis. Jesus himself sang and prayed the psalms.
3. Spend a few minutes each evening to thank God for your blessings that day.
4. Look for God’s blessings especially in the difficulties of life. When things are tough, it’s important to see how God is taking care of us.
5. Express your gratitude to other people. Spend time trying to find people doing things right as opposed to trying to catch them doing something wrong.
6. Thank God for his blessings even before you receive them.
So again let me say; “Happy New Year”!
DeColores, Deacon Doug
Join us in prayer!
We encourage you to join us as we recite the Holy Rosary every night at 8PM! On Wednesdays, we pray the rosary via Zoom with the rector and rectora.
Resources for those not able to attend Mass
Daily Readings in English and Spanish from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops:
Prayers, readings for Mass, and additional spiritual readings are available at:
“Give Us This Day” a digital file of their periodical, which includes daily Mass texts. Visit GUTD.net and select “Digital” in the upper right of the screen.